Saturday, November 13, 2010

Board Game Done, Game Maker Next!

Our group board game Blobs is done, it took a little over 3 weeks and numerous playtests to complete, at the end of it I can say I was delighted with how it turned out. I think we worked well as a group, we all brought different skills and perspectives to the table and the final board game wouldn't have been what it was without input from every one of us. Last week we did a playtest with players from outside the group and it threw up a number of issues, without this playtest session our game would not have been as much fun as it is now. So thank you to our playtesters for helping make the game what it was.

With the board game done there's now a lot off assignments and projects due in the next few weeks, one of these will be something in Game Maker, I'm ok at using game maker but I think I might try spend some time over the weekend getting familiar with it. I found the Experimental Gameplay Project online and they have a challenge to make a game on the theme of night and day so I'm gonna enter a platformer that will hopefully be somewhat experimental. A video of my first prototype is below and to be honest its gonna get a graphical improvement based off some sketches I have here and add a few more game elements then release it into the wild!

Platformer prototype from JohnnyJohnJohns on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment