Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chinese Checkers

Last night I played a game that I had never paid much attention to, a friend I was visiting has a set of wooden boardgames and after we played a drawn out game of chess we decided to look for something a little less taxing for the novice. From the layout of the board Chinese Checkers looked fun so we looked up the rules online and started to play.

As a two player game it seems fairly straightforward, however I'd be interested in a 3, 4 or 6 player game to see how it changes with the number of players. The design of it makes me think that its a game where more players lead to a better game. It was fun to play but I wouldn't go running back to play again.

I think the lack of a capturing mechanic was something I missed from the game, I'll have to look for some variants to try out and see if they seem more fun with 2 players.

Its a very easy to grasp game so I'd recommend it for young people and non-gamers alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment