Monday, August 15, 2011

Progress Report

Ok, long time no update. My bad, I've let the blog fall by the wayside for the past few months... or since the year started to be honest.  2011 has been pretty busy I learned C#, Unity, a bit of 3D modeling and on top of that I got a job at a game studio.  On top of all this I've started work on my masters game so 2011 has been pretty eventful.

Over the next few weeks I'll try add a few posts about the masters project to date, how I ended up with the game I'm developing and how development has gone so far.  Overall I'd say that Unity is an amazing engine especially for prototyping 3D games, compared to UDK which can be quite impenetrable, Unity gives you access to an entire engine and the community support for it is amazing.

For now I'm going to leave you with a link to a very early prototype of my game- the mouse controls are ok but it feels much nicer on the iPad. Here she is:

http://db.tt/o6zsoTh

1 comment:

  1. That is a great little game :).
    Do you mind sharing how did you setup the game in 2D ? Doing 2d in unity is still a mystery for me.

    Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete